The Service Award was instituted 1989 to recognize meritorious service to the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education by its members.
NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN!
- Nominee and Nominator must be members of CAFCE.
- In the case of CAFCE Committee projects, the committee may grant awards jointly to team members.
- No member may nominate himself or herself.
Although the award is available each year, the Nomination and Awards Committee reserves the right to withhold bestowal of the award.
One (1) .pdf electronic document of the completed Service Award Nomination Form and supporting materials must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time Wednesday, July 19, 2017.
The CAFCE Awards Presentation will take place during the CAFCE 2017 AGM in Victoria, BC this Fall.
WALL OF FAME
CAFCE WEB & STATISTICS DATABASE COMMITTEE
Sandy Cowan, Gwen Litchfield, Christine Arsenault, Andrea Giles
The Service Award was instituted in 1989 to recognize meritorious service to the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education by its members.
The following is an excerpt from the nomination application that was submitted for the CAFCE Web/Stats Database Committee 2013-15 that speaks to the committee’s qualification for this award:
Over the course of nearly two years this volunteer group put in countless hours to help CAFCE create first a new website and then a national statistics database. Each of these projects was substantial and required many hours of volunteer work, but because of the complexity of the database, this project in particular took much more time and thought. Consequently the Committee had to go above and beyond what any professional association could reasonably ask of its members to help move this project forward.
The Committee felt that the best way to ensure success of the stats database was to create a full RFP for the project, something that hadn’t been done before. They analyzed the Association’s past attempts, over the past 10+ years, to create a national stats database, and made a presentation to the Board at the in-person meeting in Vancouver in November 2014. The presentation was thorough and clearly the Committee had invested a great deal of time to chart the history of attempts at a national stats database in order to equip the board with the fullest possible information.
After the Board accepted their recommendation, the Committee then worked hard to create a full RFP for the Association to use, and a suggested rubric for evaluating submissions to the RFP. The Association followed their recommendations, and CAFCE is now close to making a decision about which organization to contract to create the database. Members of the Committee have provided advice through the RFP process to help Board members make informed decisions.
The commitment and hours the committee contributed to this project were considerable, and for the depth of their commitment and the quality of their work they are most worthy recipients of the CAFCE Service Award.
The work of the CAFCE Web/Stats Database Committee has made a significant contribution to our Association’s operations and has set the stage for improved services to our membership. As mentioned in the citation that will be read at the CAFCE AGM in Lethbridge, Alberta on October 29, 2015, the Association appreciates your tremendous efforts and willingness to participate on committees benefiting its members.
Many thanks on behalf of CAFCE and the many co-op practitioners in Canada for your contribution. CAFCE, as a national volunteer association, is dependent on the fine works of individuals such as yourself in helping our Association achieve its goals. Your commitment to co-operative education is an example to us all.
- 2015: CAFCE Web & Stats Database Committee - Sandy Cowan, Gwen Litchfield, Christine Arsenault, Andrea Giles
- 2014: Norah McCrae, University of Victoria
- 2013: Linda Hart
- 2012: Jenny Reilly, University of British Columbia
- 2009: Bruce Wilson, University of Guelph
- 2008: Tony Botelho, Simon Fraser University
- 2006: Jeela Jones, University of Ottawa
- 2005: Michelle Benjamin, McMaster University
- 2004: Paul MacDonald, Dalhousie University; Mausi Reinbold, Mount Saint Vincent University
- 2003: Laurie Lahn, Wilfrid Laurier University
- 2002: Sonya Horsburgh, Mount Saint Vincent University; Stefan Kerry, Ryerson University
- 2001 Members received "The Year of Volunteers" certificates in recognition for their volunteerism
- 2000: Michael Blais, McMaster University; Toni Burton, Camosun College; Andrea Giles, University of Victoria; Joanne Thomas, University of Victoria
- 1999: Sonya Horsburgh, Mount Saint Vincent University; Lori Baker-Leigh, Dalhousie University; John MacDonald, Dalhousie University
- 1998: Heidi Janes, College of the North Atlantic; Peter Lapointe, SIAST; Karen McCargar, Wilfrid Laurier University
- 1997: Liz Grigg, Acadia University
- 1996: Richard Pullin, University of Waterloo
- 1995: Dexter MacRae, University of the Fraser Valley
- 1994: Mark Foley, HRDC; Bill Stevenson, Treasury Board, Government Of Canada
- 1993: John Gunn, Doane Raymond Pannell, CA; A. John Joyner, University of Guelph
- 1992: George Clapham, Centennial College; Andrew Crichton, Memorial University; Pamela Racher, Mount Royal College
- 1991: Nancy Chiang, University of Waterloo; John Fiset, Concordia University; Toni Lebold, University of Waterloo; Mac McMartin, University of Waterloo
- 1990: Tyrone Lester, Memorial University