JOIN THE CANADIAN ASSOCIATION FOR CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION IF YOU ARE…
- A co-op practitioner working in a co-operative education program operating under the CAFCE Definition or an employer with a professional interest in co-operative education wishing to:
- communicate with other professionals with common interests
- participate in advancing post-secondary co-operative education
- be informed of the latest developments in employer/government/education partnerships
- promote your post-secondary co-operative education programs on cafce.ca
- enhance your résumé, vitae, or portfolio by getting actively involved in one of the committees of this member-driven organization
- gain recognition for your students, your peers or your organization through our annual awards
- attain a membership with the World Association for Cooperative Education (WACE) at no extra cost
- use of the “Member Only” networking tools (cafcenet list serve) and forum board) on the www.cafce.ca site and members co-op statistics reports
- September 1, 2012 - CAFCE 2012/13 Membership Year Renewal
- October 23, 2012 - CAFCE AGM (Details to be announced)
- January 22, 2013 - CAFCE 2012 CSOTYA Nomination Deadline
- March 18-22, 2013 - National Co-operative Education Week
- March 29, 2013 - CAFCE 2012 Research Grant Submission Deadline
- Webinars to be announced.
Membership Fee Structure (Institution/Employer Members)
|# of Members||Fee|
|1 Member||$ 343.00|
|2 Members||$ 581.00|
|3 Members||$ 871.00|
|4 Members||$ 1,158.00|
|5 Members||$ 1,452.00|
|6 Members||$ 1,533.00|
|7 Members||$ 1,797.00|
|8 Members||$ 2,071.00|
|9 Members||$ 2,305.00|
|10 Members||$ 2,558.00|
|11 Members||$ 2,629.00|
|12 Members||$ 2,660.00|
|13 Members||$ 2,660.00|
|14 Members||$ 2,629.00|
|15 Members||$ 2,812.00|
|16 Members||$ 3,005.00|
|17 Members||$ 3,188.00|
|18 Members||$ 3,076.00|
|19 Members||$ 3,238.00|
|20 Members||$ 3,411.00|
|21 Members||$ 3,228.00|
|23 Members||$ 3,533.00|
|24 Members||$ 3,685.00|
|25 Members||$ 3,837.00|
|26 Members||$ 3,553.00|
|27 Members||$ 3,685.00|
|28 Members||$ 3,827.00|
|29+ Members||$ 3,959.00|
*Employer Partner Membership fees found here.
New Members Only! September-February pay full membership fee. March-August pay half membership fee! (No renewals. NEW members only!)
CAFCE By-laws - (4. Membership)
Membership shall be open to individuals who are employed by co-operative educational institutions and/or co-operative employers and other persons interested in the development of post-secondary co-operative education. Application for membership shall be submitted in writing and include payment of the annual fee as fixed by the Board. All members shall be entitled to vote.
Admission to membership shall be by vote of the Board.
The Board shall have the right to refuse any application for membership for any reason which to the Board shall seem sufficient, provided that such motion for refusal is passed by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the directors present at any meeting of the Board at which there is a quorum present.
There shall be two categories of members: Voting Members and Honourary Members.
- Voting Members
Institutional Member is any organization that participates or wishes to participate in a Co-operative Education Program. All members shall be voting members.
- Honourary Members
Honourary Member may be appointed by the Board which may waive the annual membership fee. An Honourary Member shall be a voting member.
- Any member of the Corporation shall be removed from membership if the member fails to pay the annual fee within sixty (60) days after it is due. This shall not prejudice the member's right to re-apply for membership.
- Except as hereinafter set out, the Board may:
- by a resolution passed by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote at any meeting of the Board at which a quorum is present, terminate any membership for acts prejudicial to the Association or to the objects for which it was formed or for reasons of a change of occupation with resultant inconsistency with the qualifications for membership.
- Any member whose membership has been terminated or who has been requested to resign or whose membership category has been ordered changed shall be given the specific reasons and shall be allowed thirty (30) days to present evidence to the Board why such action should not have been taken. After presentation and hearing by the Board, the decision of the Board shall be final and binding.
- The membership of a Director may not be terminated unless the Director has first been removed as a Director pursuant to Article 5.10 of this by-law.
Any member may resign from the Corporation by letter of resignation addressed to the Secretary of the Corporation at the National Office. Such resignation becomes effective on the expiration of one week from the date it is received or on such later date as may be specified in the letter of resignation.
4.06 Membership Register
The Secretary of the Corporation shall cause the names and addresses of all members to be listed in the Corporation register of members.